123 HP Envy 7640 Auto Wireless Connect Setup
To perform HP auto connect setup, you will have to follow the below set of simple steps.
We have the steps more simple and easy for you to understand and follow.
- In order to use the HP Auto Wireless Connect Setup feature, you should check whether your computer and the network with which you are going to connect your device supports some of the essential features. Look to the necessity features in the following steps.
- The computer you are using should support one of the following operating systems. It can be either Windows Vista or later (PCs), or OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later (Macintosh).
- The computer you are using for this process should be connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection.
- Look to that your computer’s operating system is also under the control of the wireless network with which your computer is connected.
- Also, check to that your computer uses a dynamic IP address. It should not strictly use a static IP address.
- Now search for the best printer software that matches your printer model and then download that printer software.
- Once the software is downloaded, you will have to double-click on the installed software, so that a printer set up window will appear.
- Then you should turn on your printer device.
- Then you will have to follow the on-screen instructions until it takes you to the network section. When are reach the network section, you will have to follow the below set of steps.
- Then you will have to choose the network. It can be either an Ethernet or a Wireless connection.
- Then you will have to click yes so that your wireless network’s information will be sent to the printer device.
- Then you have to wait till the printer device is connected to the network. Once it is connected to the network you will see a confirmation page.
- Once the setup process is completed you can begin with taking printouts from your HP printer device.
123 HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup Wizard
To connect your HP Envy 7640 printer device wireless with the help of the wireless setup wizard, you will have to follow the below set of steps. We have made these steps more simple and easy for you to understand and follow.
- Firstly you will have to turn on your wireless HP printer device.
- Also, note that you can use the touchscreen of your printer device to connect your printer device wirelessly.
- On the active touchscreen window, with the help of the right arrow keys, you will have to choose the setup process to continue with the further steps.
- From the chosen set up option, you will have to choose the network option.
- Then to continue with the further steps you will have to choose the wireless set up wizard.
- On choosing this wireless set up wizard will now search for the nearest wireless active router in your range so that it can connect your HP printer device.
- Then you will have to choose your network’s SSID from the list that has been appeared on the screen.
- Then you will have to enter the WEP / WPA passphrase of your network to continue with the setup process.
- Then you will have to press done so that the WEP / WPA passphrase is saved with your desired active network.
- Then you will have to press Ok so as to confirm the setting changes that you have been made with your network.
- Now you will have to press Ok so that you could print the wireless report of your HP printer device, else you can skip Ok to continue with the further steps.
- Once all the above steps are completed then you are sure that your printer device is connected to a wireless network.
123 HP Envy 7640 WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
For wireless protected setup in windows, you have to follow the below set of steps. We have made the steps simple for you to understand and follow.
- Firstly you have to open and view the list of available networks.
- To open the list of available networks you have to click the wireless icon that is present in the notification area.
- Then you have to select the network to which you have to connect your device from the list of the available networks.
- Select the network and then click connect so that your printer device will be connected to that network.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the password of that particular network.
- Now you have to press and hold the WPS button that is present on your printer device.
- So that your printer connects to that network without asking for the password.
- Also, choose the automatically connect option so that your device connects automatically for the next time when you try to connect the printer device with an active network that is listed.
For wireless setup using Wireless Protected Setup in MAC, you have to follow with the below set of steps. We have presented the procedure in a more prescribed format so that you can easily understand the steps.
- Insert the CD with the WPS software in your computer.
- Double click on the setup icon.
- Then click the download option in the prompt that appears.
- When the downloading process is completed you will be prompted with a screen, click next to continue with the process.
- Enter the administrator’s username and password.
- Then press the install option so that the installation process begins and then click next.
- Then you have to choose the network connection.
- In the network connection option, you will have to choose the wireless connection option.
- Then you have to click connect to the network option so that your printer device connects to an active wireless network.
- Then click the push button to choose the WPS option and then click next so that your process is completed.
123 HP Envy 7640 Connect HP Printer using USB
To connect your HP printer device using the USB cable, you will have to follow the below set of simple. We have made these steps more simple and clear for our users to understand and make use of it.
- Then you will have to follow the on-screen instructions so that your printer driver app is completely installed.
- Firstly you will have to download the HP printer app that matches your printer model.
- On installing the provided app, HP easy smart app will automatically download as the back-end process.
- If a driver or the HP easy smart app is installed you will be prompted with a window where you will have to choose the UBS as your connection type.
- Then on the HP website, you will have to enter the printer model and check whether your operating system’s version supports your installed printer device.
- On installing all the above software you will have to turn on your HP printer device.
- Unless you are prompted to connect the USB cable to connect the printer device with the computer do not connect it.
- Once you are prompted to connect the USB cable you will have to connect the USB cable with the printer device with the computer.
- Then you will have to open the control panel settings.From the control panel settings, you will have to choose the devices and printers option.
- Then you will have to choose the print option and make all the print settings as per your needs.
- Try with taking a test print, scan and fax with the USB cable.Once you are done with the test prints you can start off with taking main printouts.
123-hp-com-envy7640.us is an independent service provider of tech support for third-party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product, and services is only for reference and to furnish information. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from the manufacturer. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies before using our Web site.The Printer Driver for HP Envy 7640 can also be downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy7640